Blocking Fox News in Google News:
- Go to the Google News website at https://news.google.com.
- Click on the "Gear" icon near the top right of the page.
- Select "Sources."
- In the "Block" section, type "Fox News" and then click on the first website result.
- If you want to block all the variants of Fox News (that I know about as of this writing), block the following: Fox News, Fox Business, Fox News Latino, FoxNews, FOX News Radio, FOX News Magazine, Fox News Insider
Extra tip: Also check out the "Preferred Sources" setting on this screen. In my preferences, I added "Washington Post" and "NPR" as preferred sources. That way if Google News has multiple articles on a topic, it will be more likely to recommend an article from one of those two sources. Why? Because I pay for a Washington Post subscription, thus I'm unlikely to run into a paywall versus if the link is to Wall Street Journal or New York Times, and because I trust National Public Radio (NPR).
- On your iOS device, open the "News" application.
- Find an article published by Fox News.
- Don't open the article; just click on the "Share" icon underneath the article. It's the box with an arrow poking up out of it. It's located at the bottom of the article entry, under the headline, over to the right.
- A menu pops up. The first choice is "Airdrop" but if you look down below, there are options for "Dislike Story" and "Dislike Channel." Select "Dislike Channel."
- That should do it. You should now no longer see any stories from that source.
Note: Depending on your version of iOS, the menu selection might be called "Mute Channel."
Here's more information on liking / disliking channels in Apple News.