- 1 can mild chili beans in mild chili sauce, 14.5 ounces
- 1 can black beans, 14.5 ounces
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 ounces
- 1 package fake meat grounds (11 oz. in our case)
- Your favorite onion (we had a big ole' white onion)
- Chili seasoning packet (Aldi's Stonemill Original Chili Seasoning Mix)
To prepare, all you need to do is:
- Dice the onion.
- Open the two cans of beans and can of diced tomatoes. Drain them, but do not strain them. Meaning, hold the lid down and turn the cans upside down, draining most, but not all of the liquid into the sink. (If you don't do this, the chili comes out watery.)
- Throw the onion, frozen fake meat crumbles, beans and diced tomatoes into the crock pot.
- Add the chili seasoning packet.
- Stir everything together.
- Set the slow cooker for at least eight hours on low.
Then when dinner time rolls around, you've got delicious chili that tastes pretty good.
If you hate animals, you can add sour cream and shredded cheese to taste.